Friday, March 6, 2009

Round 2 - Day 4 ... Everything is Going Well!

Isaiah hasn't acted sick or even been sick this round. The worst days, as Isaiah's Oncologist told us to expect, are days 4-7. We continue to pray that Isaiah will stay healthy and not feel the negative effects of the chemo. I understand the normal effects, I simply don't want my child in the hospital again like he was after the first round.

Erica and I took Isaiah to Florence, South Carolina yesterday for him to be fitted for his prosthesis. The fitting only lasted about 20 minutes, with the Ocularist only messing with Isaiah's eye a couple of times. The prosthesis will be ready by Tuesday. We're driving to Greenville, South Carolina on Tuesday to pick it up.

This weekend is going to nice outside. I've been waiting for warmer weather to hit us so I can let the boys play in the backyard and I can get some work done outside. I plan to extend the garden, put in a large flower bed along the back of the house and deck, and plant a truck load of trees, bushes, and flowers. If I'm pretty productive I'll put up the bird feeders and bath and put lattice around the bottom of the deck.

We'll get Isaiah's blood results Monday afternoon - I'll update the website once I get them.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear about the Fitting! Praying that Isaiah continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete