Sunday, June 7, 2009

Update - Isaiah's 5th Round & Make A Wish

Its been difficult to find the time to get to a computer to update everyone. Isaiah is doing great! He completed his 5th round of chemotherapy on May 23-24 and has been doing great. He still gets pretty sick after chemo for a day or two. His blood counts were really high the day of chemo and last Monday, so he may be able to get through the entire process without needing a transfusion of platlets or hemoglobin. Isaiah has been having fun, running around with Levi and simply having fun being a boy. He's lost some weight and usually doesn't have a good appetite. We're expecting him to gain the couple of pounds he's lost in July once the chemo from the 6th round is out of his system.

We're still planning to move back to GA. I have a couple more things I need to do before I get a start date for the job in Columbus. Our house is on the market - but we haven't had much luck with showings. The move may have to be delayed until January due to work obligations here in NC. There are lots of wildcards that impact the 'when' we'll move. We are looking forward to being closer to family after everything that's happened. Erica will start school to get her nursing degree once we're relocated. Once Erica is done with school, I'll apply for medical school to become a doctor. Being a doctor is something I've always wanted to do, but moreso since Isaiah was diagnosed. I'll have to take Biology, Physics, Biochemistry & Chemistry and take the MCAT test before I apply - but there are plenty of schools in the southeast. I'm currently studying all four subjects so I'll be better prepared for the MCAT test a couple years from now and be able to get good grades when I take the courses prior to applying to medical school.

Make A Wish: We had a few people from Make A Wish over a couple weeks ago to talk with Isaiah. Isaiah chose to go to Disney World - so we'll be headed down to Orlando for a week at some point this summer. Levi & Isaiah are really looking forward to going down there - I think they're more excited about flying on a plane at the moment.

Erica and I greatly appreciate everyone's help, suport and prayers! We are going to sit down in the next few days to send out thank you cards. Things have been busy with the kids, Levi's school, Isaiah's appointments and work. As always, Erica & I thank everyone for their prayers & support. God Bless,

Damon

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear things are going well. And congratulations to both of you on your doctor and nursing plans! Those are big decisions and you sound like you've thought them through. I'm sure you'll both do great! We'll continue to keep you all in our prayers and I hope you get to make the transition to Columbus soon.

    ReplyDelete